Full Stack Developer with a Frontend focus
We are Hiotlabs, a startup with our roots in software and technology. We are a product company that leverage IoT and Machine Learning to create societal value through developing tech that prevents and minimise property damage and promotes sustainability.
We were recently acquired by Polygon Group, so now we are a startup+, with autonomy but access to the global reach and expertise of Polygon. We think big dreams, get things done and have fun.
Hiotlabs is an InsurTech startup that was founded with the mission to change the world for the better with the use of modern technologies. Our vision is to bring about greater collaboration between property owners and insurance partners with the aim of increasing household protection.
As a frontend/full-stack developer at Hiotlabs, you will be a key part of designing and building our future products. We believe you have at least a few years of experience and are passionate about the web and agile development. You explore and stay on top of the latest web development tools and technologies and enjoy sharing what you know! You are proactive and enjoy ownership and quality.
We’re looking for people who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solution.
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- Learn and develop in our entire code-base; mobile, frontend, backend, infra and hardware – you’ll get a chance to do it all!
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- Work in a small team and to continuously share your knowledge and insights
- As we are in the build-up phase, you’d join the team in continuously improving not just our product but our ways of working
- You have a background in Frontend Development, experience/interest in UX/UI design, and some previous exposure to Full Stack Development
- You have practical experience of at least some of the technologies we use, and want to learn about the rest. Our stack is: Node.js, React/React Native/Redux, C (Hardware), Kafka, MongoDB, Docker, Linux, Kubernetes, MQTT
- You have a drive to learn new things
- You are curious and excited about the prospect of diving deep in multiple areas
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You value team success over personal success.
- You either have previous experience of Machine Learning /Image Recognition or are interested and want to learn more about it
- Experience with UI/UX design is a big bonus!
What we offer:
- The chance to be part of building something truly innovative
- An opportunity to grow with the company
- A chance to work with international customers and partners in 16 countries
- Freedom to try out new things and bring new ideas
- We can promise you that you will be challenged, and pushed to develop your skill set
- An office located at Medborgarplatsen where you can work closely (post Covid!) with a team who are all passionate about building and improving our product.
- The journey ahead is what excites us and we are just getting started
We are on the lookout for passionate developers to join our team so even if you don’t fill all the criteria, please get in touch if you are interested in finding out more.
Email Becki, Development Team Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We evaluate candidates continuously, so get in touch!